A long list of proposals is contained in the green paper, of which the following are amongst the most interesting or alarming (depending on the reader) :
- Raising taxes or introducing a minimum price for liquor products to increase the price of liquor
- Reducing liquor trading hours
- A national ban on alcohol advertising, promotion and marketing.
- Reducing the number of liquor outlets in areas where there are deemed to be too many liquor outlets
- Zero-tolerance for drivers whose licences aren’t older than 3 years or under 21 years of age
- Greater use of breathalyser testing
- Limiting trading hours and reducing the density of alcohol outlets.
- Reducing the actual alcohol content in beverages, through national policy.
Comment can be forwarded to the WCPG on or before 30 November 2016